Skip to content
Enjoy Happy Kee!
- Slightly less than a Cup of white rice flour
- Slightly less than a Cup of Amaranth Flour or spelt flour or kamut flour if you don’t care about a little gluten.
- 1 Teaspoon xanthan gum or psyllium husk
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt or salt
- 1/2 Cup (usually one stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup vanilla or plain yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup milk, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice (can substitute other liquid including more milk)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift and whisk together the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and granulated sugar breaking up the clumps in the sugar. Whisk in the egg, yogurt, milk, pineapple juice and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cover the cake with aluminum foil if the cake starts to get too brown.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Serve warm or room temperature.