Skip to content
- Slightly less than a cup of white rice flour
- Slightly less than a cup of spelt flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum or psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 3/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 C vanilla yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 C milk, room temperature
- 1/4 C pineapple juice (can substitute other liquid)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift and whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and granulated sugar breaking up the clumps in the sugar. Whisk in the egg, yogurt, milk, pineapple juice and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cover the cake with aluminum foil if the cake starts to get too brown.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Serve warm or room temperature.